Perface: Introduction of… myself
Cost of living in KL for international student. Before we’re getting into this topic, I wanna have a brief introduction of myself: I’m an international student from China. Came to Malaysia at September of 2011 and currently living in Kuala Lumpur. I have had two working experience in KL as part-time. Right now, I’m going to join my last year for degree.
Well, my father have done some searching about “How is it, study in Malaysia”, “What is the living cost in Malaysia” and such things before I came. The main reason that makes he made choice of Malaysia for me that is because it is affordable and valuable. Yeah~ At least I can open mouth to speak in English! (China doesn’t have good environment to practice English)
Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the cost of living, it is depends on people. I’m a frugal guy. I have three expenditures which are eating, utility bill and other.
Eating – I have to notice that Kuala Lumpur is the capital city, so the price is a bit higher than other places. Usually one meal would charge about RM6~RM20. So each day on eating is about RM30.
But I prefer economical meal (Local people call it “Mixed rice”). Economical meal is mainly cook Chinese food, the feature of it is valuable. (In China, we call it “Box lunch”) You can pick whatever you want, then pay it at the cashier desk. All in all, if there is a Mixed rice restaurant in a vicinity of your residence, you can count RM20 for a day. So for eating, RM20*30 days = RM600. If you cook by yourself, it could save up 20~50% but waste some time.
(Figure: Here is what I had at Mixed rice restaurant. This meal took me RM9.5. If you go to other restaurants, it’s possible to charge double price of it and the quantity of food is less than this.)
Utility bill – Phone credit: RM30/Month(If you want to contact people!). Electricity+Internet+Water≈RM150/Month. My condition is like this: Living in apartment with two friends. Three rooms totally contains three air-condition(Not use for whole day). 10MB internet service(The 5MB internet service was too slow cannot be accepted). We share these bills in average. So it’s better to prepare RM150~RM200 for a month.
(Figure: Electric bill during two different months)
Other – Don’t tell me you would never hang out with your friends or never buy a new shirt. So let’s put RM100~RM200 for this. You could save up the rest balance that you have.
Conclusion: How much I spent in last year(2013)
I didn’t count in the rental. From what I’ve heard and seen, the rental in KL is around RM200~RM800/Month for a room. You could add up this by yourself.
(Figue: Cost of living in KL, Malaysia. This is excluding the rental!!!!)
@ Malaysia | 马来西亚
- 4年总结 大马留学生活总结
- 9 things I dislike about Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Cost of living in KL, Malaysia. As an international student~
- Sunshine Grass Smiling
- Some scattered pictures of my 2013 马来西亚美食篇
- 这可能是吉隆坡最好吃的Banana Leaf（香蕉叶饭）印度餐饭店 | 吃印度餐建议喝水：饮料太甜，吃饭太咸
- 在马来西亚你不会吃到的食物！——马来西亚紧缺食物列表 马来西亚游玩篇
- 大马晚上哪儿人多？带你逛逛马来西亚夜市（Pasar malam）
- 12 photos tell you why Putrajaya is more like an abandoned urban area
- 『会当凌绝顶 一览众山小』马来西亚武来岸茅草山（Broga Hill）
- 第一次参加摄影活动 - 吉隆坡摄影节2014
- New route discovered! Free walk from Petaling Street to Merdeka Square.
- How to get to Malacca from KL 马来西亚动漫展会篇
- Comic Fiesta 2015: Day 2
- Comic Fiesta 2015: かわいいニーソの女の子の三次画像
- Comic Fiesta 2014 Day 1 | Cosplay photo | Where is Ruri Gokou?
- Comic Fiesta 2014 Day 2 | Cosplay photo | Silent Hill nurse is still sexy
- AniManGaki 2014 cosplay photo day 2
- AniManGaki 2014 cosplay photo day 1
- Saw Miyuko at fan meet session
- C2AGE 2014 Cosplay Photos | C2AGE RAVE 2014 at HELP College
- Comic Fiesta 2012 at KLCC | Photostream
- Comic Fiesta 2013 Photos at KLCC | Photostream part 1 马来西亚时尚街拍篇
- Malaysia Street Style 其它相关